Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
Application Due: Friday September 7th
Send your resume and cover letter to info@CHOOSE180.org
Provide well organized and coordinated administrative and additional systems support to CHOOSE 180.
Duties and responsibilities
· Provide general office assistance, data entry and filing including the faxing, scanning and copying of information.
· Coordinates meetings, trainings and events; reserves rooms, catering, setup, etc.
· Maintain and oversee databases
· Prepare financial statements, reports, memos, invoices, letters and other documentation.
· Accurately record minutes from meetings.
· Support organizational communication and fundraising efforts.
· Provide general administrative support and perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications for this position:
· Commitment to the vision and goals of the CHOOSE 180
· Personal or professional experience with the justice system
· Advanced skills with Microsoft Office
· Strong oral and written communications skills, and presentation skills
· Culturally competent in working with diverse communities in secular and non-secular worlds across the economic spectrum
· Demonstrated knowledge of and respect for cultural influences of underserved youth and young adults, including youth and young adults of color from a variety of backgrounds
· Experience working with programs designed to help people overcome a variety of challenges such as school truancy, mental illness, substance abuse, anger management, etc.
· Strong time-management skills
· Grant-writing and reporting experience
The incumbent in this position is required to work some weekend days as well as attend after-hours events, and to be available for consultation when needed. In addition, the incumbent may be called upon to intervene in situations involving youth who are under the influence of intoxicants, are mentally ill or developmentally challenged, or who have poorly developed anger-management skills.
Compensation: $16.50hr - $19.50hr